Trial access to historical “Washington Evening Star”


Through June 30th, the Middlebury College community can search a newly available historical newspaper, the Washington (D.C.) Evening Star.
 
(After following the link, select the “Newspaper Titles” tab. Then you can select “Evening Star.”) Issues of the paper dated from Dec 16, 1852 – June 6, 1882 are now available.
Please look it over, and send feedback to Rebekah Irwin or your library liaison.

http://blogs.middlebury.edu/lis/2012/05/17/trial-access-to-historical-washington-evening-star/

1 comment:

  1. My grandfather, John T, Lipscomb (known for some reason as Mike) worked at the star for 50 years. We have 2 signed pen and ink, one J Berryman, and one Giv Crockett dated 1951. They are cute depictions of my grandad commemorating his retirement. My 2 sisters each have 1 more. I live in Ca now, and our old papers have been lost (long story). Can't wait for rest of paper to be on internet. I remember him well, but he didn't want to "bore" us with his old stories. I sure wish we had made him. He ended up the picture editor (according to my mom). Anyway, if anyone is interested in picture of pictures, or has any old lore, please let me know. Lucielaw2gmail.com

    ReplyDelete