Mary Ann Kuhn

Where are you working now: Own and operate Middleton Inn in Washington, Virginia which I created 15 years ago from an historic Virginia estate. You may visit at www.middletoninn.com

What position(s) did you hold at The Star? - Reporter

About Me: Since I left The Washington Star, I continued on in journalism writing for The Washington Post, working as a producer with WJLA-TV, (Channel 7) and then on to CBS News, Washington, as a producer. From there, I turned to my other love, wanting to own and operate a country inn.
That dream came true in 1994 when I purchased an historic estate in "Little" Washington, Virginia and restored it and opened it as a bed and breakfast inn in 1995. It's still my love as is journalism. I've also been the editor of the weekly newspaper here, Rappahannock News, for a couple of years.

Comments: I'm so glad to see there is a Web site for the alumni. Thank you for making this happen!

Mary Ann Kuhn, Proprietor
A former producer for CBS News and writer for The Washington Post, Mary Ann Kuhn became an innkeeper in 1995 when she opened Middleton Inn after spending a year renovating the historic estate. Ms. Kuhn has a keen interest in the history of the area and is vice-president of the Rappahannock Historical Society. She served two years on the board of the Bed & Breakfast association of Virginia. She currently serves as a director on the board of the Hospice.

Middleton Inn, Bed & Breakfast, Washington, VA
Toll-free: 800-816-8157
176 Main St., PO Box 254, Washington, VA 22747
(540) 675-2020 FAX: (540) 675-1050
Email reservations: innkeeper@middletoninn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment